The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) and the City of Gary are the principal permitting and regulatory authorities for the Gary biorefinery. IDEM is responsible for enforcing all EPA standards and requirements.
- Federally Enforceable State Operating Permit (also know as a Synthetic Minor Air Permit)
- Comfort Letter (Land Quality):
- Status: To to be filed in 2023.
- Air Operator’s Permit: Filed after the Biorefinery starts operations.
- Storm Water Permit: Filed in 2022.
- Site Plan Approval: To be filed in 2023.
- Building Permits: To be filed prior to construction.
- Wastewater Discharge Permit: To be filed in 2023.